Mexican "Fresco" Salad
by Denise Bowles — last modified Sep 03, 2010 11:02 AM
A quick easy side salad easily accompanied by any Mexican Dish
- 1 Head Red Leaf lettuce cut into small pieces
- 1 Head Green Leaf lettuce cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1 deseeded and sliced Red Pepper
- 1 can drained Ortega green Chiles
- 1 Cup flavored vinegar (Pineapple works well()
- Juice from two limes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp. onion seeds
Make dressing and set aside in fridge for at least two hours.
Combine lettuces, onions, red pepper, green chiles in a large bowl.
Pour dressing over combined vegetable ingredients.
Sprinkle onion seeds atop the salad.