Healthy Corn Bread
by Denise Bowles — last modified Sep 10, 2010 02:46 PM
As near replica of Denise's Grandmother's Recipe
- 2 cups stone ground cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat or soy flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs/use egg replacement for 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup lite soy milk
- 1/2 cup agave syrup (to cover applesauce taste)
- 1/4 cup baby applesauce
Heated oven at 400 Degrees
In one bowl mix egg replacement, soy milk, agave syrup and applesauce.
In second bowl mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder and soda, salt.
Combine wet ingredients from bowl one into bowl two dry ingredients.
Let mixture stand for 5 minutes (mixture will puff up).
Pour mixture of all ingredients into 9x9 pan (light dusting of Spray Pam or use silicone pan)
Bake for 25-35 minutes or until top of bread is golden brown.